Bollywood instructor Yasmin Karachiwala and Katrina Kaif gave some insight about how exercises can be quickly done at home.
We all must have seen Bollywood celebrities like Deepika Padukone, Alia Bhatt and Katrina Kaif flaunting their abs and amazing physique. Many gyms have been closed, to encourage people to stay at home amid COVID-19. Recently, Katrina Kaif shared these workout tips that can be done at home to eliminate anxiety and stress for 20 minutes.
Squat & Side Leg Lift
This exercise targets the outer tush and thighs by adding a side leg lift to your squat
- Stand by keeping your shoulder-width apart, feet parallel. Now bend your knees and keep your chest up.
- Lower your hips so that your thighs are parallel with the floor and keep your weight back in your heels.
- Squat down, as you step the foot back to the shoulder-width distance position. Stand up and lift your leg on the left side and lower your leg back to the same position.
- Do this in 3 sets with 20 repetitions.
Reverse Lunge with kicks
This can burn the fat and can be a great move for warming up your entire body.
- Start by stepping back into a deep lunge
- Press the right heel into the ground as you kick with your left foot. Kick your left leg in a way that the toes touch your right hand.
- Return to the starting lunge position again.
- Do this in 15 repetitions, 3 sets each.
These are multi-muscle exercises that will help you burn more calories in the long run.
- Lie down on your back, bending your knees.
- Place the feet on the ground so that you stabilize your lower body.
- You can either cross your hands to opposite shoulders or place them behind your head, without putting pressure on your neck.
- While raising your upper body, curl towards your knees. Exhale while lifting.
- Lower down again, returning to your starting position and inhale while lowering.
- 20 repetitions can be done with 3 sets.
These strengthen your lower back and core by engaging your abdominal muscles.
- Get on the floor by positioning your hands slightly wider than your shoulders and bring your feet together behind you.
- Keep your legs slightly wide so that you are balanced on your hands and toes. Make sure your body is in a straight line parallel to the floor without arching your back.
- Tighten your core before you begin pushup. Keep your core tight throughout the entire pushup.
- Inhale when you bend your elbows and lower yourself until the elbows are at a 90-degree angle.
- Exhale when you push back to the start position through your hands. Do not forget to contract your chest muscles and don’t lock out the elbows.
- Repeat it for 15 times, 3 sets.
This is a core workout that helps in keeping your back healthy.
- Start by getting into a traditional push-up position with your hands below your shoulders
- While rotating your body, contract your abs, pivoting your feet
- Extend one side of your arms straight towards up, with your other hand being the support of balancing your body by planting them into the ground. This makes a T shape.
- Return to the starting position and switch sides after completing reps.
- 15 reps are enough in 3 sets.
They are great cardio builders that can also strengthen your core.
- Get into your plank position and distribute your weight evenly between your hands and toes.
- Keep your hands about shoulder-width apart, abs engaged and head in alignment.
- Pull your right knee towards your chest as much as you can
- Switch and pull that knee out by bringing the other knee in.
- Exhale and inhale with each leg change and keep your hips down. Run your knees in and out slowly 4 times.
Read more articles on Exercise and Fitness
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.