Pahlaj Nihalani discharged from hospital after 28 days; says, “I’d vomited blood. We kept it private, only Shatrughan Sinha visited me” – Exclusive! | Hindi Movie News

The Nihalani household in Bandra has been very anxious since the past one month. ETimes has it that the ex-Censor Board Chief and filmmaker Pahlaj Nihalani was admitted in Mumbai’s Nanavati Hospital under Dr Jayant Barve, who is also Amitabh Bachchan‘s doctor.

Pahlaj took a long time to recover – he was discharged after 28 days just yesterday – and his three sons Vishal, Deepesh and Chirag attended to him, taking turns every night. His phone was kept off by his sons as they did not want to strain him in any way as his condition continued to be delicate for quite some time. Pahlaj’s wife Nita was also kept away, considering the risks of the current times of COVID.

The Nihalanis had taken every measure to ensure that the news did not leak out because they did not want to be disturbed. None of the family members responded to calls whose numbers were not in their phone list. Only Pahlaj’s closest friend in Bollywood Shatrughan Sinha was told about the hospitalisation. “Shatru visited me in the hospital, recently. We had largely kept it private,” Pahlaj revealed.

Talking exclusively to ETimes at 5.15 pm this evening, Pahlaj further said that he has no words to thank Dr Barve and the entire staff of Nanavati Hospital who looked after him and called Dr Barve ‘an angel in his life’.

“Suddenly, one night at about 3 am, I felt a bit uneasy and vomited a lot of blood. I was advised hospitalisation. It was a case of chronic food-poisoning but it was an emergency- and initially, I was kept in the ICU for about 5-6 days,” he began rather briefly.

Several tests related to the gastro-intestinal tract were conducted on Pahlaj, followed by a sonography. “I thought I’d go home in 2/3 days after I was out from the ICU. But my temperature did not go down for the longest time, I was getting fever and a very bad stomach-ache essentially in the evening, the diagnosis kept extending, and that became a matter of concern,” he explained, and added in a very feeble voice, “Please excuse me as I would like to rest now,” before signing off.

Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *